Request an application form
- Born in Cairo, November 2, 1956.
- Founder of Elsawy Culturewheel in 2003.
- Holds a bachelor of architecture from the faculty of fine arts at Helwan university in 1979.
- He got the Arab creativity award from the Arab thought foundation in 2009.
- Awarded by the German president by the (deutsches verdienstkreuz) in 2009.
- Minister of culture and elected member of the first parliament after the 25th of January revolution 2011, to become head of the chamber of culture ,tourism and media.
- Entrepreneur of the launch of a project on each year through sakia since 2006 and his projects: the year of the Arabic language - year of minds - year of dignity - year of rights - year of light - year of listening..etc.
- Designer, puppeteering, author and director of the marionette puppet theatre since 2005.
- Founded El sakia puppet theater, which began two years after founding of Elsawy Culturehwheel (in 2005), with the big pipe marionette roll play and about a year later began the project "Um kulthoum returns again", then presented concerts for Abdel halim hafez and Farid al-atrash, and also presented comedy scenes from the comedy plays.
- He has published weekly articles in the newspapers "Al-masri al-youm" and "al-watan", under the title "where is the wisdom?", and various other titles from the beginning of 2010 till end of 2012.
- Write articles regularly in Elsakia paper magazine.
- Composed and produced more than 16 puppet plays
- Elected a member of the Egyptian parliament after the 25th of January revolution.
- Elected a member of the committee that formulated the 2012 constitution.
- Nominated as Ashoka fellow in April 2009 as a social entrepreneur.
- Created the white circle campaign chosen by the world health organization as non-smoking slogan.
In the frame of Elsakia educational activity:
- Founded the annual Mohammed Rashwan prize for sports ethics in 2009.